Coffee, coffee, coffee. Yes, I know I have to share you with the other millions of caffeine junkies and baristas and roasters, but damn it, I love you so damn much! With you, there are no commitment issues, I could have you any time of day or night, non stop. haa..
Glad I get to play with espresso 35 hours a week. Goooood stuff.
I am missing my yearly hiatus from the American Southwest into the mountains of France… not to mention the family, and all the feeling of being at home. Cannot wait to return, grab some boots, and spend some time out in the woods.
I never do this. Therefore I have to do this.
Listing 10 items, people, events, for which I am thankful.
- I am grateful to have met you, even for one year, for all the love and support you gave me. Even though you are gone, I am so so thankful for your words, you gave me the guts to dream again.
- Music, poetry, thank you for coming to my rescue in high times of insanity. Lord knows what I would be without you both. Grateful to listen and create.
- Parents, brothers, for your increase in support these past few months. It took me moving away from home, but I feel closer to you than I have in a long time.
- L, thanks for using me and lying to me in the lowest way possible. I will never do what I did with you again.
- Sunshine, thank you for warming my bones and reminding me it is ESSENTIAL to my health and well being that I go outside.
- To airplanes. Without you, I would never have seen as much of the world as I have, nor would I be able to see my extended family on the other side of the world.
- Gigi, thank you for still being a good friend of mine 12 years later. To another 12 years.
- Smiles. You guys make the world a better place every time.
- Yoga, meditation, higher power, I appreciate your ability to raise my consciousness above the painstaking reality of the shortcomings I find in other people. I will cultivate this newfound appreciation.
- To strong, independent women who express their hurt caused by others, thank you for allowing me to feel as crazy as I do, and for sharing your stories.
A habit I am trying to absolve.
You’re my midnight snack,
I’ll gnaw on your ear,
gobble you up like a big mac.
I’ll plunder sweet-wrapper-kisses,
from your lips.
Nibble your fingers like a bag of chips.
I am a glutton for you,
I know you’re bad for me…
and yet, I still chew.